Looking back on this blog...I realize I was in a pretty crappy place. Music has always spoken to me, and sometimes backfires and makes me turn small problems into bigger ones. I was relying on the world to make me feel better. In reality, God is the only one who could take my anxiety and depression, and turn it into a person who is working through her struggles to get to a better place. A place where she loves everyone, isn't angry or selfish, and appreciates life and doesn't dwell on the negative things.
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest."
That is the verse that changed my life. Realizing that God, who is bigger than anything, can give. me. rest. Rest is something I haven't had in years. I'm still struggling with trusting God with everything in my life, but when I open up my Bible I can see that God is trying to teach me something. Some of you may not believe in God, or maybe have never even heard of Him. But I promise you, if you trust your life to God, He WILL change your life.
Some of you probably think I sound crazy...and maybe I am. But crazy FAITH is what it takes to have a personal relationship with the one true God. No worldly thing is ever going to satisfy what you are missing. For me those things were boys, alcohol, and friends. I'm such a people person that it was literally IMPOSSIBLE for me to be alone. I don't exactly know where I'm going with this, but something is definitely on my heart and I'm not sure what it is. Maybe I'll get back to you when I remember haha. In the mean time, smile. Love others.
No comments:
Post a Comment